Friday, November 2, 2007

Another Dalai Dog!

It looks like we are not the only ones with a Dalai Dog! In the news today...

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals awarded its "Dog of the Year" award to Toby, a 2 1/2 year-old golden retriever. Toby achieved this illustrious honor by saving his owner, Debbie Parkhurst from choking.

Parkhurst bit into an apple and choked on the peel. "I couldn't breathe," she says "and I was in a panic when Toby jumped on me. (landing hard on her chest and forcing the apple piece out of her throat) He never does that, but he did, and saved my life."

But that's not all.

Parkhurst believes that Toby's Heimlich maneuver may have been guided by divine intervention!

"That's what our veterinarian said," she said. "He wasn't making a joke; he's very spiritual, and now I have to agree with him."

Toby's story of heroism began with heartache when he was abandoned in a garbage bin as a four-week-old puppy. Luckily he was rescued and lived to fulfill his splendid destiny.

Here's to the good karma of rescuing dogs! To Toby and all Dalai Dogs everywhere!

2 comments:

SHE said...

... i believe in divine interventions...


great testimony! love, ~s.

Kathy Cordova said...

Me, too! I only hope if I'm ever choking there's a Golden Retriever around because I don't think my little dog could muster enough power for the Heimlich!